- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/3 c small or medium shell pasta
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 c diced yellow onion (1 small)
- 6 1/2 c low-sodium vegetable stock, then more as desired
- 1 c diced carrots (2 carrots)
- 1 1/3 c zucchini, sliced into half-moons (1 small)
- 2 (14.5 ounces) cans of diced tomatoes
- 1 c diced celery (3 stalks)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 1/3 c frozen green beans (regular or Italian), thawed warm water
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 (15 ounces) can of dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounces) can of white, navy beans or cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Finely shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese, for serving
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 c packed chopped fresh spinach
- In a 6-quart slow cooker, add the tomatoes, garlic, celery, vegetable stock, thyme, onion, oregano, basil, rosemary, salt, pepper, and carrots. Stir until just mixed.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on top to season.
- Cover and seal the slow cooker and cook everything for about 8 hours on a low setting or 4 hours on a high setting.
- Add the green beans, zucchini, and pasta. Cook everything for another 30 minutes on a high setting.
- Add the parsley, cannellini beans, spinach, and kidney beans. Stir until well mixed. Cook for a few more minutes. Add vegetable broth if needed.
- Serve hot with Romano cheese on top. Enjoy!
- Place a large pot on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
- Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
- Add the celery, onions, and carrots. Sauté until soft.
- Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
- Add the canned tomatoes, broth, water, herbs, salt, and pepper. Stir until well blended. Allow the mixture to boil.
- Turn the heat down to low, then simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Add the pasta, zucchini, and green beans. Stir until well mixed. Cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until the pasta is al dente.
- Add the spinach, kidney beans, and cannellini beans. Stir until mixed and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
#Black pepper #Carrot #Celery #Clove #Garlic #Green bean #Kidney bean #Navy bean #Parmesan #Romano cheese #Rosemary #Spinach #Yellow onion #Zucchini