- 1/2 pound pork sausage cooked
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup of cooked quick-cooking grits (1/4th cup uncooked)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons or 1/4 cup butter melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook sausage in a skillet like hamburger, drain and set aside. Whisk together flour, grits, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Stir in melted butter, eggs, buttermilk with a spoon mixing well.
- Fold in sausage and shredded cheese. Spray a 12 cup muffin tin with cooking spray, add batter and bake in preheated 400 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Makes 12 muffins
You are using COOKED grits in this recipe. I took a 1/4th of a cup of uncooked grits.. cooked them and used 3/4th cup in this recipe.