Back to Top
- 6 ounces pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon unsulfured molasses
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1/2 pounds beef sirloin tip, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1/2 fresh pineapple, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1/4 red onion, cut into 1″ pieces
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/4 – 1/2″ thick coins
- extra cooking oil for preparing grill grates
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Line a9 x13 pan with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Lightly spray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl cream together butter, sugar, and powdered sugar. Add vanilla and beat until combined. Mix in the flour and combine until it forms a soft dough.
- Press half of the dough in the bottom of a 9×13 dish and place the other half of the dough into the refrigerator. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and melt the caramels, heavy cream and ½ tsp vanilla in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir together until smooth. Pour evenly over the hot crust. Lightly sprinkle the coarse sea salt over the crust. I didn’t end up using the entire T, just lightly sprinkle evenly on top. You don’t want them too salty.
- Take the remaining dough out of the refrigerator and crumble over the top of the caramel. Return the pan to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes until filling is bubbly and the top is firm. Let them cool completely before cutting.