Back to Top
- 1 1/2 Cups flour
- 2 Teaspoons baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1 Cup Greek yogurt
- 3 eggs
- Zest of one lemon
- 1 Teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 Cup butter
- 1 Cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line and grease a loaf tin. Set aside.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. Whisk in the lemon zest and set aside.
- In a small bowl, gently toss the raspberries in the one tablespoons of flour and set aside
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, beat the butter on high speed for about 30 seconds. Add the sugar and continue to beat for about 2-3 minutes. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- In three additions add the flour and yogurt, starting with the flour mixture. Gently stir until just combined. Gently fold in raspberries.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake for about 50 – 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Leave to cool about 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove cake from pan and peel off parchment paper. Leave to cool completely on wire rack.
- Cake will keep for about 3 days in an airtight container.
- Check the cake at the halfway point. If it is browning too quickly, place a piece of foil over the top for the remaining baking time.
- You may use frozen raspberries instead of fresh. IMPORTANT, if using frozen raspberries, put them into the batter frozen NOT thawed out.