- 8 oz Brioche loaf
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- pinch salt
- Slice the Brioche bread into slices that are about 3/4-1 inch thick. Out of a 8oz loaf, you should be able to get 8 slices.
- In a deep and wide bowl, whisk together eggs, whole milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin extract, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk until smooth and set it aside.
- Preheat a large cooking pan oven medium to medium-low heat first, before battering and adding the bread. You do not want to add the bread slices whole the pan is cold. (Note: you can also use a pancake griddle to make French Toast.)
- Spread a couple of tablespoons of canola oil in the preheated pan. Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture as well as the edges. Brioche bread is nice and quick to soak up the egg so don’t hold it in there too long. (Just batter as many slices as will fit into the pan. If you have to cook in two or more batches, batter bread right before adding it to the pan.)
- Place battered slices into the pan and let it cook for 3-4 minutes on each side, until golden brown. (Repeat with remaining slices of bread if needed.)
- Serve with your favorite toppings.
Calories: 339kcal | Carbohydrates: 33g | Protein: 13g | Fat: 18g | Saturated Fat: 9g | Cholesterol: 262mg | Sodium: 331mg | Potassium: 144mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 5514IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 85mg | Iron: 2mg