- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- 2 lbs pork ribs, cut into serving pieces
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-2 cups of water or as needed
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp cracked peppercorns
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- Heat a wide pan and add cooking oil. Add pork ribs and cook until light brown for about 10 minutes while stirring occasionally over medium heat. Push meat to the sides of the pan and add minced garlic. Saute for about a minute until fragrant and stir to combine.
- Add water, pineapple juice, vinegar and soy sauce. Let it boil for about 5 minutes. Add cracked peppercorns and brown sugar. Stir well to combine and to dissolve brown sugar. Reduce heat to low and cover pan. Simmer for about 45 minutes or until pork ribs are tender while stirring occasionally until sauce is reduced. Add water as needed.
- Add pineapple chunks and gently stir to combine. Simmer for additional 10 minutes until sauce starts to thickens while stirring occasionally. Transfer Pineapple Pork Ribs in a serving dish and serve with rice. Enjoy!