- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 12 Tbsp butter (1 1/2 sticks), slightly softened
- 1/2 c granulated sugar
- ·dash salt
- 12 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 – 1/2 c granulated sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 1 large can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, well drained
- 1 – 1/3 c (3 1/2 ounces) flaked sweetened coconut
- 1 c finely chopped pecans
- 4 Tbsp melted butter
How to Make Pineapple Delight Bars
Hide Step Photos Step-by-Step
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.Lightly grease a 13×9-inch baking pan or spray with baking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, and dash of salt. With a pastry blender or fork, cut in the 12 tablespoons of butter until crumbly.
- Spread evenly over the bottom of the prepared pan and press with hands to form a crust layer. Bake for 12 minutes.Drain pineapple well in a colander; set aside
- n a medium bowl, combine cream cheese, 1/4 cup sugar, vanilla, and eggs; beat until smooth. Spread evenly over the baked crust.
- Sprinkle the drained crushed pineapple evenly over the top.
- In another bowl, combine the coconut, pecans, and 4 tablespoons melted butter; sprinkle evenly over the pineapple and cream cheese layer.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until coconut is browned and filling is set. Chill thoroughly before cutting into squares.
- The hardest part of these bars, is waiting for them to cool.Enjoy!source:allrecipes.com