These Peppermint Frosted Brownies are made from a simple homemade mix, and topped with a cream cheese peppermint frosting that make them delectable!
- ⅔ cup flour
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ + ⅓ cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds+3 tablespoons water Or 1 egg
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 4 tablespoons butter softened
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon mint extract
- ¾ cup soft peppermints roughly chopped
- (if your using the flax egg, mix the flax seeds and water together first, and set aside)
- Mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Cream together the butter and sugar until thoroughly combined.
- Stir in your water, vanilla, and flax egg (or egg).
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to your wet, until mixed well.
- Pour your batter into a 9X9 inch parchment paper lined baking dish.
- Bake for 20 to 23 minutes at 350 degrees, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely before making the frosting.
- To make the frosting your going to place the softened butter, cream cheese, and mint extract into your bowl, and beat until it’s starting to fluff.
- Slowly add in your powdered sugar, ½ cup at a time, until you have beat in all of your powdered sugar, and you have a fluffy and creamy consistency.
- Fold in ¼ cup of the chopped peppermints.
- Frost your brownies, and sprinkle the reminder ½ cup of chopped peppermints on top.
YIELD: 9 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 305TOTAL FAT: 18gSATURATED FAT: 11gTRANS FAT: 1gUNSATURATED FAT: 6gCHOLESTEROL: 67mgSODIUM: 192mgCARBOHYDRATES: 33gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 22gPROTEIN: 3g