- 1 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons oil (vegetable or coconut)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup maple syrup (or corn syrup)
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 1 1/2 cups pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
- Mix the butter, oil and sugars before beating in the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour, cocoa powder and salt before mixing into the wet ingredients until just combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased (optionally foil or parchment paper lined), 9×13 inch baking pan and bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the top looks like it’s starting to set and still jiggles a little, about 15 minutes, before pulling out of the oven.
- Mix the brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, eggs, vanilla and pecans in a saucepan, bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring, until it thickens, about 5 minutes, before pouring over the prebaked brownies in the pan.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the pecan layer is set, but still jiggles a bit, about 20 minutes, let cool and enjoy!
Nutrition Facts: Calories 303, Fat 17g (Saturated 7g, Trans 0.4g), Cholesterol 79mg, Sodium 76mg, Carbs 36g (Fiber 2g, Sugars 29g), Protein 3g