Peanut Butter Blossoms are a holiday classic cookie that can be enjoyed all year long. A soft peanut butter cookie is rolled in granulated sugar and then topped with a Hershey Bell or Dove Chocolate (or Hershey’s Kiss if you’re a traditionalist).
- 1 ¾ cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter (1 stick)
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup granulated white sugar plus more for rolling
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tablespoon milk I use 2%
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 dozen chocolate candies Hershey’s Kisses, Hershey’s Bells, Dove Chocolates, etc.
- To a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- To a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until well combined. Add in the egg, milk, and vanilla, mixing until fully incorporated.
- Gradually add in the flour mixture until fully combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. The dough will be very soft.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill for approximately 1 hour.
- While the dough is chilling, prep baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone mats, unwrap your chocolates, and preheat the oven to 375°.
- Once chilled, use a medium cookie scoop (1.5TB) to portion out the dough. Set out approximately ¼ cup of sugar in a shallow dish. Roll each scoop of dough in your hands to smooth into a ball and then roll in the sugar and place on the prepared baking sheet, 12 per pan.
- Bake for 6 minutes, or until just puffed, carefully remove, press a chocolate into each cookie, then carefully return to the oven to finish baking for 2 minutes.
- Let cool on the pan before removing to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
Use your favorite chocolate candy – Hershey’s Kiss, Hershey’s Hugs, Hershey’s Bells, Rolos, Dove Chocolates, Reese’s Cups, etc.Ovens vary – don’t let your cookies brown, just puff. You want peanut butter cookies to appear slightly under-baked so they don’t get crumbly. Store in an airtight container for 5-7 days.
Serving: 1gCalories: 656kcalCarbohydrates: 81gProtein: 13gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 15gPolyunsaturated Fat: 5gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 86mgSodium: 596mgPotassium: 268mgFiber: 3gSugar: 45gVitamin A: 621IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 52mgIron: 3mg