- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Zest, 1 tablespoon from 2 Meyer Lemons
- Juice, 3 tablespoons from 2 Meyer Lemons
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups chopped, fresh strawberries
How To Make Meyer Lemon Strawberry Muffins
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin cups with muffin liners.
In a medium bowl whisk together the egg, buttermilk, oil, Meyer Lemon juice, zest and vanilla extract.
In large bowl whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Gently fold in the strawberries. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in the buttermilk mixture. Stir until just incorporated. (Do not over-mix)
Divide batter equally among prepared muffin cups. Bake until golden and toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for about 5 minutes before removing from pan.