This Classic Meat Pie is the real deal. Flaky, Once you try this meat pie you will never want to buy another. It’s very yummy.
- Ground beef- 1 pound
- Onion, chopped- 1 small
- Condensed beef with vegetables and barley soup, undiluted- 1 can (11 ounces)
- Condensed golden mushroom soup, undiluted- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces)
- Uncooked potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes- 3 medium
- 4 Medium carrots sliced 1/8 inch thick
- Teaspoon salt- 1/4
- Teaspoon pepper- 1/8
- Pastry for double-crust pie (9 inches)
Australian Meat Pie Recipe:
In a skillet, cook beef and onion until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the soups, potatoes, carrots, salt, and pepper; mix well. Divide between two ungreased 9-in. pie plates.
On a floured surface, roll pastry to fit the top of each pie; place overfilling. Seal and flute edges; cut slits in top.
Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Let stand on a wire rack for 15 minutes before serving.