- ▢1 cup warm milk (should have around 110°F)
- ▢1 1/4 ounce package active dry yeast
- ▢1/2 cup white granulated sugar
- ▢6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted plus more for the pan)
- ▢1 large egg
- ▢2 egg yolks
- ▢1 teaspoon salt
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢4 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting)
- ▢1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- ▢1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ▢1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- ▢1/2 cup unsalted butter
- ▢1/3 cup maple syrup
- ▢1 tablespoon cognac (or vanilla extract)
- ▢1/2 teaspoon salt
- ▢1 1/2 cups – 2 cups pecans (coarsely chopped)
- ▢2/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- ▢1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ▢1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ▢2 tablespoons orange zest
- ▢6 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
US CustomaryMetricCook ModePrevent your screen from going dark
- ▢Mix the warm milk with half of the sugar and the package of yeast. Cover with a kitchen towel and set aside for 5-7 minutes or until foaming.
- ▢Melt the butter in a medium bowl then whisk in the egg, yolks, vanilla, and remaining sugar, set aside.
- ▢Add the yeast mixture and the egg mixture to the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk together.
- ▢Add half the flour and mix on medium speed using a dough hook until combined. Add the remaining flour and mix on medium speed for a few minutes, or until the dough comes together.
- ▢Transfer the dough to a floured surface, on your counter, and knead until it’s smooth and elastic. The dough is ready when it bounces back when pressed. It is also a bit sticky, it should NOT seem wet.
- ▢Place dough in a large lightly buttered bowl, then cover it with plastic and place in a warm place to rise. The dough will take about two hours to double in size.
- ▢Combine the brown sugar, maple syrup, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt in a small pot over low heat and stir until butter and sugar have melted.
- ▢Remove from heat and stir in the cognac or the vanilla.
- ▢Pour the mixture into a lightly buttered 9×13 pan and top with coarsely chopped pecans. Set aside.
Prepare the Rolls:
- ▢Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- ▢Once the dough has risen, transfer it onto a floured surface and spread it out into a rectangular shape, about 12×18 inches.
- ▢Prepare the filling by combining in a medium bowl brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, orange zest, then whisk together. Brush the dough with 6 tablespoons of melted butter then sprinkle the filling mixture evenly over the top. Smooth it into an even layer.
- ▢Gently roll the long edge of the dough into a tight roll/log and cut into 12-13 even pieces.
- ▢Arrange the rolls into the prepared baking dish on top of the Topping mixture.
- ▢Bake for about 30-35 minutes or until golden. If they start to brown too quickly, cover the pan with foil after 15 minutes.
- ▢Remove from oven when ready and allow to cool for a few minutes then run a knife along the edge and invert onto a serving dish.
- ▢Serve warm.