These delicious treats take me to my childhood every time I have them!
I remember my grandma used to make these all the time. These Lunch Lady Brownies never fail to make me smile. Chewy and fudgy, this recipe is a must-try! With a very basic set of ingredients, you can have the best treats to serve today. I am sure that you and your loved ones, especially your kids are going to love them. Enjoy!
- 4 large Eggs
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 c butter, melted
- 2 c granulated sugar
- Chocolate Frosting:
- 3 c powdered sugar
- 1/4 c butter, softened
- 1/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 c milk I use 2%
- Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Line with aluminium foil a 9×13-inch baking dish, then apply cooking spray on it.
- Add cocoa powder and melted butter into the bowl of a stand mixer. Beat until well blended.
- Add sugar and flour, then beat until well blended.
- Add vanilla and eggs, then beat again until just incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared baking dish and spread it evenly.
- Place the baking dish in the preheated oven and bake the batter for about 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
- Remove from the oven and allow the brownies to cool completely at room temperature.
For the Chocolate Frosting:
- In a mixing bowl, add all the ingredients for the chocolate frosting. Whisk until well blended.
- Add the frosting over the cake and spread it evenly.
- Slice into even servings.
- Serve and enjoy!