- 2 cartons (8 ounces each) mascarpone cheese
- 6 large egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup limoncello
- 1 package (7 ounces) crisp ladyfinger cookies
- 1 jar (10 ounces) lemon curd
- Candied lemon slices
- Stir mascarpone cheese; let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Whisk egg yolks, sugar and milk in top of a double boiler until mixture is thickened (ribbon stage) and a thermometer reads 160°. Remove from heat; cool completely. Whisk in mascarpone cheese until almost smooth. Whip heavy cream and vanilla until soft peaks form.
- Combine lemon juice and limoncello. Briefly dip 24 ladyfingers into lemon mixture and place in the bottom of an 11×7-in. baking dish. Top with half the mascarpone mixture, half the lemon curd and half the whipped cream. Repeat layers. Refrigerate, covered, 6 hours or overnight. To serve, garnish with candied lemon peel as desired.
1 piece: 509 calories, 31g fat (17g saturated fat), 204mg cholesterol, 80mg sodium, 47g carbohydrate (40g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.