Back to Top
- For the Crumble Topping:
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- For the Lemon Cake:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (about 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- powdered sugar for dusting, optional
- Preheat oven to 325°F and grease and flour an 8-inch springform or cake pan. Line the bottom of the pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, make the crumble topping. Stir together the melted butter, 3/4 cup flour, 1/3 cup sugar, lemon zest, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, and lemon zest with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, vanilla, lemon juice, salt, and baking powder and beat until combined.
- On low speed, add half of the flour and mix until combined. Add sour cream and mix until combined, followed by the remaining flour, and then the milk.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with crumble topping, leaving some larger chunks.
- Bake until top is a light golden brown and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack at least 30 minutes before serving. Dust with powdered sugar to serve, if desired. Enjoy!