Many people who describe dinner to be boring are stuck with recipes they have had for ages. They do not look forward to dinner time because they definitely know it is the same old recipes they have always prepared. Most times, they end skipping dinner because they cannot think of anything interesting and healthy to make. Another group of people find preparing dinner a huge task because they find it hard to decide what they want to cook. This as a result, may affect one’s appetite and eating habits. In this article, we will look at one of the best recipe that you can try at home. Layered apple pork chop bake is a delicious and healthy meal that you can easily prepare at home.
Ingredients for this delicious healthy recipe are easily available at any time of the year. However, it is during the fall that you get to enjoy fresh apples for your cuisine. Apples are rich in antioxidants and dietary fiber. This helps to reduce the risk of having heart diseases, diabetes, hypertension and cancer. Pork is a meal that is very rich in nutrients. It provides the body with protein, potassium, zinc, vitamins and other minerals that help with our immune system. The main minerals found in pork help to balance body fluids. They also help with contraction of muscles. This ensures the heartbeat is steady and healthy and also ensure your blood pressure is low.It takes approximately 10 minutes to prepare the meal and a total cook time of 40 minutes for apple pork chop bake recipe. Let us now look at step by step process of preparing 4 servings of the dish;
• 3 apples, peeled and sliced
• 4-6 pork chops; the pork must be boneless
• 4 table spoons of un-salted butter
• 4 table spoons of brown sugar
• tea spoon of cinnamon
• ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
• Salt and ground pepper, to taste
• Minced fresh rosemary leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 350℉
2. Get a large baking dish and place the sliced apples in the bottom
3. Sprinkle the apples with teaspoon cinnamon and ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
4. Place the boneless pork chops on the apple slices
5. Season layered apples and pork chops with salt and pepper to taste
6. Take a saucepan and heat it over medium heat
7. Mix butter and brown sugar. Ensure the butter and sugar have melted and are well combined by whisking the mixture
8. Add the remaining cinnamon and nutmeg into the mixture then stir
9. You can add cornstarch into this mixture to make the glaze thicker. However, this step is optional
10. Pour the sugar – butter mixture on the pork chops and the sliced apples
11. Place the layered apple pork chop in an oven and bake for around 40 minutes. Before removing the meal from the oven, ensure the pork is fully cooked
12. Sprinkle the baked pork chop and sliced apples with minced rosemary
13. Enjoy your meal!
You can serve this meal with pear and green salad. For your green salad you can add avocados, grape tomatoes or sliced mushrooms.
There you have it, easy to make, delicious and healthy meal. Now you can look forward to and enjoy your dinner with apple pork chop bake. You won’t be disappoint with this delicious meal and you will always enjoy it.
4-6 boneless pork chops
2-3 apples, peeled and sliced
1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
1/4-1/3 cup brown sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon, divided
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg, divided
1/2 tablespoon cornstarch, optional
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Fresh rosemary, minced, garnish.
Preheat oven to 350º F.
Place sliced apples in the bottom of a large baking dish and sprinkle with 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg.
Place pork chops on top of apple slices and season generously with salt and pepper.
In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, combine butter and brown sugar, whisking until melted and incorporated, then stir in remaining cinnamon and nutmeg.
Also whisk in cornstarch, if using. (Cornstarch isn’t essential, only for if you want a thicker glaze.)
Pour mixture over pork chops and apple slices, then place in oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until pork is cooked through.
Remove from oven, sprinkle with fresh rosemary and enjoy.