2 cups graham crumbs
6 tablespoons butter melted
16 ounces cream cheese softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup heavy cream
21 ounces cherry pie filling (1 can
- Line an 8-inch x 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the graham crumbs and butter. Mix until all the graham cracker crumbs are moistened. Pour into prepared baking dish and press down to form the crust.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the cream cheese and the sugar until it becomes light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl beat heavy cream on low speed, then increase speed to high. Mix until you have whipped cream with medium peaks.
- Pour the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Mix on high until combined and smooth. Scoop into the baking dish and smooth into an even layer with the back of a spoon or spatula.
- Spoon the cherry pie filling evenly over the top. Smooth out carefully to cover the cheesecake.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours (preferably overnight).
- Remove and uncover. Cut into 9 squares and serve immediately. Store any leftovers, covered, in the fridge.
- This recipe can be doubled and prepared in a 9-inch x 13-inch dish instead.
- You can substitute 1 cup of prepared whipped cream or Cool Whip in place of whipping the heavy cream yourself if you prefer.
Calories: 483kcal | Carbohydrates: 46g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 32g | Saturated Fat: 18g | Cholesterol: 94mg | Sodium: 368mg | Potassium: 182mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 17g | Vitamin A: 1240IU | Vitamin C: 2.4mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 1.1mg