Back to Top
- 1 cup pecans, finely chopped
- 6 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- About 30 pecan halves
- In a small bowl, combine chopped pecans and bourbon. Cover and let sit at room temperature at least 1 hour and up to overnight.
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Gradually add powdered sugar and beat until combined.
- Add pecan/bourbon mixture and mix. If mixture is too loose, add more powdered sugar as needed.
- Using a small cookie or ice cream scoop, scoop mixture into 1-inch balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and chill until firm.
- Once chilled, melt chocolate chips and shortening in a saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Using a toothpick, dip balls in chocolate mixture, shaking off excess, and place on baking sheet. Top each with a pecan and return to fridge to set. Enjoy!