Back to Top
- 1 cup (2 sticks) plus 1 tablespoon butter, at room temperature, divided
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 24 maraschino cherries, well drained, and patted dry
- Preheat oven to 350°F and grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the 1 cup butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs, one at a time. Add vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and flour. Stir to combine.
- Roll dough into 24 1 1/2-inch balls. Place 1 inch apart on baking sheet. Bake until edges are set, 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and using the back of a round metal teaspoon, make a 1-inch indentation in the center of each cookie. Let cool 1 minute on baking sheet before moving to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In a microwaveable bowl, microwave the chocolate chips, whipping cream, and 1 tablespoon butter on high until melted, stirring every thirty seconds.
- Spoon a heaping teaspoonful melted chocolate into each cookie indentation. Top each indentation with a cherry.
- Let rest until filling has set, about 30 minutes. Enjoy!