Incredibly flavorful and rich, this minestrone soup is every bit as hearty as it is beautiful. Made easily in the slow cooker, this soup is perfect for a busy weeknight!
- ▢1 cup carrots, sliced
- ▢1 cup celery, sliced
- ▢1 1/2 cups yellow onion, diced
- ▢28 oz can diced tomatoes, with juices
- ▢2 Tbsp tomato paste
- ▢parmesan rind, or 1″ chunk of parmesan
- ▢2-3 Tbsp minced garlic
- ▢2 bay leaves
- ▢1 1/4 Tbsp dried Italian seasoning
- ▢pinch of red pepper flakes
- ▢4 cups fat free vegetable stock or broth
- ▢2 cups water
- ▢2 Tbsp vegetable base
- ▢15 oz can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- ▢15 oz can cannelini beans, drained and rinsed
ADD 20-25 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING
- ▢1 cup diced zucchini
- ▢1 1/2 cups dried ditalini or other small pasta
ADD 5 MINUTES BEFORE SERVING
- ▢1 cup frozen cut green beans
- ▢1 1/2 cups baby spinach, roughly chopped
- Add first 15 ingredients to 6 quart or larger slow cooker. Stir to combine, cover, and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours, or HIGH for 3-4 hours.
- 30 minutes before you want to serve the soup, add zucchini and ditalini pasta, stir, cover and cook on HIGH for 20-25 minutes.
- 5 minutes before serving, add in frozen green beans and baby spinach, stir, cover and cook on HIGH for 5 minutes.
- When serving, if desired, grate parmesan cheese over the soup and enjoy!