- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 pound lean ground beef I use 90% lean
- 1/2 cup onion finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 14 ounce can petite diced tomatoes drained
- 8 taco shells
- assorted toppings such as lettuce, tomato, onion and shredded cheese
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium high heat.
- Add the ground beef and break up with a spatula.
- Add the onion to the pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until beef is done and onion is soft, 5-6 minutes. Drain off any excess fat.
- Add the chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, smoked paprika, cumin, salt and pepper to the pan. Stir to coat the meat in the seasonings.
- Add the tomatoes to the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Spoon the beef into the taco shells and add toppings such as lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Serve immediately.
Calories: 304kcal | Carbohydrates: 19g | Protein: 26g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 70mg | Sodium: 549mg | Potassium: 525mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 715IU | Vitamin C: 1.5mg | Calcium: 49mg | Iron: 3.9mg