- 1 (15.25 oz.) box white cake mix
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch or peanut butter chips
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 350º F and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter or non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, beat together cake mix, canola oil, eggs and vanilla extract, mixing until mixture just comes together.
- Divide batter in half and press one half into prepared baking dish to form an even layer.
- In a medium, heat-proof bowl, butter, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips, then microwave in 30-second intervals, stirring in between, until mixture is fully melted and smooth.
- Stir condensed milk and salt, if using, into chocolate chip mixture until completely incorporated, then pour over base cake layer.
- Drop spoonfuls of remaining batter over chocolate chip middle layer, then place baking dish in oven.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until top is golden brown, then remove from oven and let cool.
- Once cool, slice into bars, serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Six Sisters’ Stuff