These chewy Fruity Pebbles Sugar Cookies are a fun spin on a classic! Adding Fruity Pebbles cereal takes buttery sugar cookies and gives them that sweet Fruity Pebbles flavor.
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2 cups Fruity Pebbles cereal
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In the bowl of your stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment mix the butter, granulated sugar, and light brown sugar together on medium speed for 2 minutes. Add in the eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and salt and mix for 1 minute until smooth, scraping the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Turn the mixer to low and add in the flour, mixing until just combined. Add in the Fruity Pebbles and stir until incorporated.
- Using a medium (2- tablespoon) sized cookie scoop drop the dough onto the prepared baking sheet 3- inches apart. Bake for 9-11 minutes, or until the edges are lightly golden. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheet for 3 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Optional – you can add in 1/2 teaspoon of lemon extract to the dough along with the vanilla to amp up the citrus flavor in the Fruity Pebbles if desired.