Back to Top
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 (15 oz) can low sodium beef broth
- 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup uncooked long grain white rice
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3/4 cup Mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
How To Make Stuffed Pepper Casserole
- In a large skillet cook the ground beef, breaking apart. Once it is mostly cooked add in the onions and bell peppers and cook for 5-10 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the garlic to the beef mixture and cook for a minute or two, just until you can start to smell it.
- Sit in the rest of the ingredients, except the cheese, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover and reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for about 20 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Once the rice is tender, stir in about 1/2 of the cheese until it is melted and incorporated with the beef and rice.
- Sprinkle the rest of the cheese over the top, put the lid back on the pan and let the cheese melt. If you are in a hurry, you could put your pan under the broiler (if it is oven safe) to melt it faster.
- Remove from the heat and serve immediately.