- 1- 5lb bag of all purpose flour (hold back about 2 cups)
- 4 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. + 2 tsp. salt
- 1- 3lb can vegetable shortening
- 4 Tbsp. vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups water
- In a large bowl, combine the flour (don’t forget to hold back 2 cups), sugar and salt.
- With a fork or pastry cutter, combine the shortening with the flour mixture.
- In a separate bowl (I use the empty shortening container to minimize dirty dishes), beat vinegar, eggs and water.
- Add the liquid mixture to the flour mixture and blend with a fork until all ingredients are moistened.
- Continue to blend using hands and fold dough into a ball.
- Cover and chill at least 15 minutes.
- Divide dough into about 20 balls. Each ball should be enough to make a crust.
- To freeze, wrap dough balls in plastic wrap, then store in a freezer bag indefinitely.