Casseroles are comfort and this Burrito Casserole is no different. Make this baked version of your favorite beef burrito for dinner this week and your family will love you for it!
If you’re looking for an easy and delicious way to feed a crowd, this burrito casserole is the perfect solution. Simply layer all of the ingredients in a baking dish and pop it in the oven. In just 30 minutes, you’ll have a hot and hearty meal that’s sure to please everyone.
- 1 ½ lb. Ground beef
- 1 Pack taco seasoning mix
- 1 Can mild enchilada sauce
- 1 Can refried beans
- 1 Can corn drained
- 8 Large flour tortillas cut in half
- 2 C. Taco blend cheese
- 1 Small can of green chilis
- Green onions for garnish
How To Make Easy Burrito Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Cook the ground beef in a large skillet over medium high heat until completely browned.
- Add the taco seasoning to the meat, stir to combine and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, enchilada sauce, refried beans and chilis until well blended. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Place a layer made of 4 of the flour tortillas that have been cut in half in the bottom of a well greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Top the tortillas with half of the meat mixture and then half of the shredded cheese.
- Add another layer with the remaining tortillas, top them with the second half of the meat mixture and the remaining cheese on top. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh chopped green onions for garnish if desired