The name of this dish speaks for itself. It is easy and very comforting! I kid you not. Try this recipe now and you will surely have the best soup today! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you need to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! As perfect as this recipe already is, feel free to add more ingredients if you wish. I am sure that you can do a lot to make this recipe even better! Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
- 5 tbsp butter
- 1/2 c celery diced small
- 1/2 c onion diced small
- 3 1/2 c (about 2 large) russet potatoes, peeled and diced medium
- 1/4 c and 1 tbsp (44g) all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 c (9 ounces) cooked honey ham, diced medium
- 2 c milk, (any percentage)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 c (2 15ounces cans) chicken broth
- Put a large pot on the stove, then add the ham, potatoes, onions, celery, and chicken broth. Stir until just mixed.
- Turn the heat to high and allow the mixture to boil. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- Add butter and allow it to melt.
- Add flour, then whisk and cook for about a minute to remove the raw taste.
- Add the milk gradually, then stir and cook for about 5 minutes until well blended and thick.
- Transfer the flour mixture and milk mixture into the pot, then stir until well blended.
- Add salt and pepper to season.
- Serve immediately and enjoy!