Looking for an easy dessert? These 2 ingredients lemon bars are a cinch to make and is a great recipe to keep the ingredients on hand. You can have this ready to go in less than a couple of minutes and have a hot yummy Lemon Bar on the plate in front of you in no time.
- Do not add water or follow the angel food cake box instructions! Trust me it will not turn out the same.
- Line the pan with parchment paper to make it easier to remove the bars. Just make sure you get the parchment paper as high as you can in the pan so the mix does not get under it.
- Use some butter to make the parchment paper really stick to the pan. Otherwise, the parchment paper tends to move around if you don’t have it stuck down really well.
- Bake the lemon bars until they are golden brown and then allow them to cool before cutting into them.
- Do not use Gluten-Free Angel Food Cake. I haven’t tried it but she said that it did not work.
- If you want these even more lemony, add lemon zest into the batter and/or on top of these bars. And you can also place slices of lemons across the top before baking if you really want the hit of lemon.
- 16 oz. angel food cake mix (I use Duncan Hines)
- 21 oz. lemon pie filling
1 ) Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2 ) In a large bowl mix together the lemon pie filling and angel food cake mix.
3 ) Use a spoon or spatula to mix this together and don’t over mix or whip. Spray a 9 x 13 pan with non-stick spray or grease with shortening.
5 ) Place in the oven on the center rack. Bake for 25 minutes or until top starts to brown.
6 ) Place on a cooling rack and cool for 1-2 hours before cutting into squares.