- 3 small russet potatoes, peeled
- 1/3 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp butter, softened
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- oil, for frying
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Carefully add the potatoes to the pot and boil for 6 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and rise with cold water until cool enough to handle.
- Grate the potatoes and add the grated potatoes to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the flour, egg, butter, cheese, salt, and pepper to the bowl and mix until everything is well combined.
- Use a greased 1/3 cup measuring cup to portion out the mixture and form into patties with your hands.
- Heat a few tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the hashbrowns to the skillet in batches, cooking for 3 minutes on each side.
- Add more oil as needed. Transfer the cooked hashbrowns to a paper towel lined plate. Serve hot.