- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 medium white onion peeled and diced
- 1 large garlic clove minced
- 6 cups of chicken broth
- 6 cups of peeled & diced Russet potatoes
- 2 cups of your favourite frozen vegetable mix
- 3 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 8 ounces Velveeta cheese cubed
In a large skillet ,fry the ground beef and onions until the onions are soft and the ground beef browned. Drain the grease.
Fry the garlic until browned and fragrant. Add the beef mixture to the crockpot or stockpot on the stove.
Add in the potatoes, broth, vegetables, basil and parsley.
Cook in the crockpot on low for 6-8 hours, on high for 3-4, or simmer on the stove until the potatoes are tender and starting to dissolve sightly.
Whisk the cornstarch into the milk, then whisk into the soup. Add the Velveeta and let it melt, stirring occasionally. When it’s melted in completely, spoon into bowls and serve.