ITS BEEN SO BEAUTIFUL OUTSIDE THAT I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE THE PERFECT TIME TO BRING YOU ALL A ROUND UP OF SOME OF THE VERY BEST RECIPES I HAVE COME ACROSS!
- Cucumbers sliced (Use whatever kind you prefer, I like to do a variety but if you get the kind with a coat of wax, be sure to peel it!) – I use enough to nearly fill a quart jar
- Fresh garlic thinly sliced – I use 2-3 large cloves per quart jar
- Sweet yellow onion thinly sliced – I use 1 small onion per quart jar
- Dill seed yes, seed NOT weed – I use about a tablespoon per quart jar
- Salt – I use 1 -2 tablespoon per quart jar
- White vinegar
- Filtered water
- Add cucumber, onion, and garlic to a large bowl. Sprinkle with dill seed and salt, then mix well (alternately you could layer directly into your mason jar).
- Pack mixture into mason jars. Pour vinegar into jar until it is about 1/4 – 1/3rd full. Fill remainder of the jar with water, screw on cap (tightly!) and give it a good shake. Taste your brine (no, SERIOUSLY) – this is your opportunity to make adjustments!
- Refrigerate overnight, then enjoy! (These will keep for about 2 weeks in the refrigerator, but I seriously doubt they will last that long.)