- 1 cup butter, softened (2 sticks)
- 6 Tbs sugar, 3/8 cup
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped into small pieces
- 1/2 cup Craisins® dried cranberries, chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until creamy.
- Gradually beat in flour and salt until just blended.
- Add walnuts and dried cranberries. Stir.
- Using a 1″ cookie scoop, or with clean hands, roll into 1″ balls and place on ungreased cookie sheets 1 inch apart.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes just until bottoms are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven.
- While cookies are baking, pour powdered sugar into a shallow bowl or pie plate.
- Roll 4-5 hot cookies at a time into the powdered sugar until each cookie is well coated.
- Place cookies on wire rack to cool completely.
Mostly adapted from The Good Housekeeping Christmas Cookbook, pg 301