Back to Top
- 2 lbs. Ground beef
- 1 Large head of cabbage
- 2 C. Cooked rice
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- ½ Medium onion chopped
- 3 Large eggs
- 2 Cans tomato soup
- 1 Can diced tomatoes
- 1 Can chicken broth
- ½ tsp. Garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cabbage in a pot of boiling water on the stovetop, turning it often with tongs, or a knife stuck into the core.
- Remove the outer leaves as they become tender little by little, and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat and cook the onions until they begin to become tender.
- Add the ground beef, cooked rice, onions, eggs, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste to a mixing bowl, and use your hands to combine it well.
- Place ⅓ of a cup of the meat mixture into each cabbage leaf, fold the edges into the middle and fold the ends in to form a packet around the meat mixture.
- Put the filled cabbage leaves open side down into a 9×13 baking dish.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Mix together the tomato soup, diced tomatoes, broth and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- Pour the tomato mixture over the cabbage rolls in the casserole dish.
- Cover the casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake for 2 hours.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before serving.