- 1 (3 pound) corned beef brisket with pickling spices
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cabbage, cut into wedges
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut in half
- Place the corned beef along with the pickling spices into a large pot, cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce the heat and simmer covered until tender, about 1 hour per pound, adding the vegetables for the last 2 hours.
- Place the beef in a baking pan, mix the honey and mustard, brush onto the beef and sprinkle on the brown sugar.
- Bake in a preheated 350F/180C oven until the glaze is bubbling, about 20-30.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes, slice and serve with the vegetables.
Slow Cooker: Place the corned beef along with the pickling spices into a slow-cooker/crock-pot, along with 2 cups water and cook on low until tender, about 8-10 hours on low or 3-4 hours on high, adding the vegetables for the last hour and continuing on with steps 2+.