This Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup is just like the real deal, and so easy to make!
- ½ sticks Butter
- ½ whole Medium Yellow Onion, Chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic, Minced
- 2 cups Half-And-Half (or You Can Use Half Milk And Half Heavy Cream)
- 3 cups Chicken Stock
- ¼ cups Corn Starch: You May Need A Little More To Reach Your Desired Thickness
- ¼ teaspoons Nutmeg
- 2 whole Bay Leaves
- 1 whole Large Carrot, Grated
- 4 cups Broccli Florets (about One Head)
- 1 pinch Salt/pepper To Taste
- 2-½ cups Grated Cheddar Cheese
In a large pot, cook the butter, onions and garlic on medium-low heat until they’ve reached a tender consistency. Add the half-and-half and chicken stock gradually, and stir.
Mix the cornstarch with just enough water to create a thick liquid and mix until no lumps remain. Add it to the soup mixture, along with the nutmeg and bay leaves. Continue to cook on medium-low until thickened.
Add the carrots and broccoli to the soup and let the mixture simmer until the vegetables are very tender. Stir occasionally as it cooks.
Remove the bay leaves and stir in the cheese until melted and well-combined. Season with salt and pepper if desired and serve warm!