These coconut macaroons have toasted coconut outside, and moist, chewy centers. Make this easy cookie recipe with just 2 ingredients!
- 1 (14 ounce) bag sweetened coconut flakes
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk (about 1/2 of a 14 ounce can)
- semi-sweet chocolate, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat Mat.
- In a medium bowl combine add coconut. Then pour condensed milk over top. Mix with a spoon until the coconut and milk are completely mixed and all of the milk combines with the coconut.
- Use a 1 tablespoon scooper. Scoop and then press the mixture into the scooper to make sure you get a well packed scoop. Place them on the baking pan about a finger apart. They will not spread so you can place them pretty close together.
- Bake until the tops are golden brown, about 14-16 minutes. If the tops are not perfectly browned but the bottoms are, you can turn the broiler on and broil until the tops are perfectly browned, about 1-3 minutes.
- *Do not walk away when broiling, you can go from golden brown to crispy in a flash.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes, if you can wait that long.
- Serve and enjoy!
- If you would like the chocolate dipped version, just melt some chocolate chips in the microwave and then dip the macaroons after they are cooled. Allow them to sit on the baking sheet until the chocolate is set.
- This recipe can be doubled. Simply use double the ingredients and 2 sheet pans. I bake one while I scoop the other, so the cooking time remains the same for each pan.
- If your macaroons will not stay together check to see if you used sweetened condensed milk. Evaporated milk can NOT be used in this recipe.
- Store in a resealable plastic bag or container, in the refrigerator.