Sour Cream Coffee Cake Loaf is a simple cake with a buttery, cinnamon-y topping. Perfect for all-day sweet snacking!
FOR THE CRUMB TOPPING:
- 1/3 cup (67g) firmly packed light or dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (60g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons (42g) unsalted butter, melted
FOR THE CAKE:
- 1 & 1/2 cups (180g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (113g) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (113g) sour cream
TO MAKE THE CRUMB TOPPING:
- Combine the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the melted butter, and stir until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
TO MAKE THE CAKE:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9″ x 5″ loaf pan with parchment paper so that it overhangs on the long sides. Grease the paper. (If you don’t want to use parchment paper, simply grease the pan.)
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix in the vanilla.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Mix in the flour mixture in three portions, alternating with two portions of sour cream. Mix just until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle the crumb topping over the top of the batter.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until the cake has browned and a pick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake in the pan on a wire rack for about 15 minutes. Then use the overhanging parchment paper to lift the cake out of the pan to cool completely on a wire rack.