- 3 ounces cream cheese preferably Neufchatel, or softened regular
- 1/4 teaspoon pure peppermint extract (not ‘flavor’ which is oil-based)
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ cups dark chocolate chips or chopped bars
- 1 teaspoon butter or coconut oil
- In a mixing bowl combine the cream cheese and peppermint extract. Beat in the powdered sugar until a smooth ball forms (add more as needed to create a moldable dough).
- Using about 1 teaspoon of dough, roll into a ball, set on a large parchment-lined cookie sheet and press ball into a flat disc with a fork. If the fork sticks to the mint, rub a bit of oil on the back of the fork. Repeat with remaining dough, covering the dough in the bowl with a damp cloth if it starts to dry out.
- Let the mints dry on the cookie sheet for an hour or two.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter until smooth (using a microwave or double boiler).
- Dip one side of each mint into the melted chocolate, tapping excess and setting them back on the parchment-lined sheet to harden. Alternately, you can coat the entire mint in chocolate to create a small homemade peppermint patty.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Make Ahead: These keep for weeks nicely in the refrigerator.
Serving: 2mints | Calories: 89kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 3g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 17mg | Potassium: 51mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 35IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 1mg