Back to Top
- 1 package cream cheese (250g), softened
- 5 1/2 cups powdered icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- Food dye, optional
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- Place the softened cream cheese in a large bowl and beat until smooth with an electric mixer.
- Add the peppermint extract, to taste, then half of the powdered icing sugar.
- Beat to incorporate, then slowly beat in the remaining powdered icing sugar.
- Color the cream cheese mixture with food coloring, if desired.
- Fit a piping bag with a large star tip. Scoop the cream cheese mixture into the piping bag and cut off the tip of the piping bag.
- Swirl 1/2 Tablespoon amounts of the cream cheese mixture into the prepared parchment paper-lined baking sheets to form small candies.
- Allow the cream cheese mints to set at room temperature for 1.5 to 2 hours. Store in a sealed container at room temperature.