Back to Top
- 10-12 to toast bread slices
- 1/2 stick butter softened
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- 3 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon or up to taste
- powdered sugar optional
- 2 tbsp butter for cooking more if necessary
- In small bowl, combine butter, sugar and cinnamon. Beat until smooth.
- In a another bowl combine granulated sugar with cinnamon and set aside. In a shallow bowl beat eggs with milk and set aside.
- Remove the bread crust, and flatten the slices with a rolling pin to 1/8 inch thickness. Spread a thick layer of the cinnamon filling on each slice of the bread.
- Gently but tightly roll up the bread around the cinnamon filling. Continue with the remaining bread.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat and melt about 1 tbsp of butter. Coat the rolls in the egg mixture and place seam side down. Cook 3-4 roll at a time.
- When browned, turn a quarter turn and continue until all sides are cooked and browned nicely.
- Roll into the sugar cinnamon mixture or dust with powdered sugar. Serve warm and dip in maple syrup if desired.
- – I’ve found that using the freshest bread gets you the prettiest roll-ups.
- – If you don’t have a rolling pin, use a jar or glass.
No tags for this post.