Cinnamon Cream Cheese Cookies are an easy, tender cookie bursting with cinnamon sugar. These cookies make for the perfect Christmas (or anytime!) treat!
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick) softened
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 & 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- pinch kosher salt
- 1 & 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and cream cheese with a hand mixer until smooth. Slowly add the powdered sugar until combined. Add egg, baking powder, vanilla, and salt. Mix to combine. Add flour in slowly until fully incorporated, scraping the sides as needed. Place in fridge for one hour to rest.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a small bowl, mix together the cinnamon and sugar. Set aside.
- Roll dough into 1 inch sized balls, about 2 teaspoons worth of dough. Roll until coated in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-9 minutes, until just set. Do not overbake, it is hard to tell when these cookies are ready, they will puff up but won’t get golden brown. Let cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- You can easily double or halve this recipe depending on how many people you are serving.
- These cookies can be frozen, see my tips above.
- These need to chill before baking, make sure that you do not skip this step.
- These should be baked on a parchment or silpat lined baking sheet to reduce spreading.
Calories: 103kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 4g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 17mg | Sodium: 41mg | Potassium: 21mg | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Calcium: 12mg | Iron: 0.4mg