These Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are easy to make and loaded with hearty vegetables and full of delicious flavor. This wholesome recipe is vegan and can easily be paleo and Whole30 friendly.
EASY STUFFED SWEET POTATOES
Looking for a hearty and delicious veggie packed dinner that comes together with minimal effort? Say hello to your new favorite weeknight meal! These Stuffed Sweet Potatoes are made with just a few simple ingredients and make a healthy and filling dinner for the whole family.
These sweet potatoes are loaded with your favorite veggies and topped with a flavorful homemade avocado sauce. Every bite is pure bliss! You can also top them with crushed tofu and extra veggies if you’re not following a paleo or Whole30 diet.
IngredientsFor the Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes , scrubbed, rinsed and dried
- 1 onion , finely diced
- 2 garlic cloves , minced
- 1 zucchini , finely chopped
- 8 cremini mushrooms , thinly sliced
- 1 cup crumbled tofu , optional – leave out for paleo & Whole30 or sub with extra vegetables or scrambled egg if not vegan
- 1.5 tsp smoked paprika
- Pinch chilli powder or flakes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cherry tomatoes quartered
For the Avocado Sauce
- 1 medium avocado
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- 1.5 tbsp nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Juice of 1 lime
- Preheat the oven to 400F.Pierce sweet potatoes all around and place on a baking sheet.Drizzle with some olive oil, salt and pepper. Bake in a preheated oven for 40-50 minutes until tender and soft.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, add the onions and saute for 2-3 minutes then add garlic and zucchini.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes, until softened and starting to brown. Add crumbled tofu (if using), smoked paprika, cumin and chilli powder and cook for a few more minutes. Add a little more oil or water as needed.
- Taste and season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and make the avocado sauce.
- Place all the sauce ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Taste and season with pepper.
- Once the sweet potatoes are done, cut in half and top with the vegetable and tofu mix and drizzle with avocado sauce and quartered tomatoes.