“Traditionally made with chickpeas, this hummus has a new twist using shelled edamame. Serve with pita chips or celery sticks.”
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen shelled edamame (green soybeans)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup packed cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place edamame into a large pot and cover with salted water. Place over medium-low heat, bring to a simmer, and cook until tender, about 5 minutes; drain.
- Puree garlic in food processor until minced. Add edamame, tahini, water, cilantro, lemon juice, olive oil, kosher salt, cumin, and cayenne pepper; blend until smooth.