These Easy Homemade Chocolate Truffle Bites are rich and chewy chocolate candy bites that only need three ingredients. If you are a fan of chocolate recipes you will love this one!
- 22 ounces Milk Chocolate morsels 2 packages (11 oz. each)
- 8 ounces Cool Whip 1 canister, thawed.
- 24 ounces Ghirardelli dark chocolate these are the melting wafers
- In a medium-size glass bowl that’s microwave safe, melt milk chocolate chips for one minute on high power. Stir and microwave again for another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth. If the chocolate is not completely melted, heat for another 15 seconds)
- Allow to cool to room temperature, about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large glass bowl, gently fold together the cooled melted milk chocolate with the room temperature Cool Whip.As you combine the two you may see that the chocolate hardens into tiny bits. That’s okay, keep folding until the of the chocolate and Cool Whip has been combined.
- Pour the chocolate mixture into the baking dish. Put the dish in the freezer and freeze for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and cut into 36 square bites. Place the candy on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and return to the freezer for at least 30 minutes.
- Place Ghirardelli Dark Chocolate Melting Wafers in a microwave-safe container and microwave at half power or defrost setting for 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly (the wafers keep their original shape until stirred). If not completely melted, continue to microwave in 15 second intervals and stir until smooth.
- Remove candy from freezer and dip into melted dark chocolate. Place each truffle bite on parchment paper and allow to set.
- Store the chocolate candy truffles in the freezer until ready to serve. They are best served cold.
- The chocolate truffle bites can be store up to a 30 days!
- Be sure to allow your chocolate chips to cool before adding in the Cool Whip. Otherwise, the Cool Whip will melt and your candy will not set up.
- These Chocolate Truffles need to remain cold at all times, so be sure to store them in the freezer until you are ready to enjoy them.
- There is no need to “thaw” these sweet treats, you can enjoy them straight from the freezer.
- You can also shape this candy in the typical round truffle shape. After mixing the cool whip and chocolate together, drop by tablespoon on a sheet of parchment paper. Freeze for about an hour then dip into the melted chocolate wafers.
- It’s important to use good quality chocolate morsels. The Toll House Milk Chocolate if known for its ease of melting and staying soft. also Ghirardelli is noted for their chocolates, I like to stick with them.
Calories: 152kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 3mg | Sodium: 9mg | Potassium: 7mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 11IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg