- 1 cup Cold Butter (cut into small cubes)
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup Cake Flour (or may use all-purpose flour)
- 1 1/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon Cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 3/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- 16 Peppermint Candy Cane OREO Cookies (crushed into bite-size pieces)
- 1/4 teaspoon Peppermint Extract (optional…may add it with the vanilla)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (if your oven runs hot, reduce temperature to 390 degrees). In large bowl, cream together cold butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add vanilla.
- Add cocoa, cake flour, all-purpose flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt and stir until combined. Stir in semisweet chocolate chips and crushed OREO cookies. Chill dough for 15 minutes.
- Separate dough into medium to large balls and place on lightly colored cookie sheet. Lightly press on top of dough to smooth out. If you have a scale, you can make them anywhere from 3 ounces – 6 ounces.
- Bake for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown on the top. Let them rest for at least 10-15 minutes to set.
*May use Trader Joe’s candy cane Jo Joe’s, Peppermint Bark OREO’s, or Mint OREO’s.