for 12 balls
- 4 ¾ cups digestive biscuit(400 g), or substitute Graham Crackers
- 1 banana
- 1 can dulce de leche, or toffee
- 1 cup chocolate(175 g), for coating
- *”Toffee”/Dulce De Leche can be purchase already prepared – or can be made at home through a process of heating Sweetened Condensed Milk – Recipes/instructions can be found online.
- Crush Digestive Biscuits in a large plastic bag.
- Pour into a large bowl and add Banana and about half the can of Dulce De Leche.
- Use a fork to mash and incorporate the banana and toffee into the biscuit crumbs. Add additional Toffee as needed – just enough to coat all the biscuit crumbs without it becoming too sticky.
- Form the mixture into 1 inch (2 ½ cm) balls and freeze for 15 minutes until firm.
- Microwave chocolate for 60 Seconds – stopping after 30 seconds to check and stir.
- Remove balls from freezer and dip into the melted chocolate.
- Set on wax paper and sprinkle with additional biscuit crumbs (optional).
- Allow chocolate coating to harden (chill in fridge to speed up this process).
- Drizzle with additional toffee just before serving.