Sharing my very favorite Chocolate Chunk Cookie recipe and a few of my secret tips on how to make perfect cookies every time.Ingredients
- 3/4 granulated sugar
- 3/4 light brown sugar
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 ounces milk chocolate, chopped
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- sea salt, optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- 1. In the bowl of your stand mixer, cream together granulated sugar, brown sugar and butter, about 3-5 minutes. Add egg and mix well. Add one egg yolk at a time and mix after each addition. Stir in vanilla and with the mixer on low speed, add baking powder, soda, and salt until fully incorporated. Add flour and stir until barely mixed in, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Dough will be slightly sticky.
- 2. Remove from the mixer and fold in chopped chocolate. Sprinkle cookies with sea salt, if desired. Using a large cookie scoop, place cookie dough balls onto the cookie sheet, spacing about 1-inch apart. Place in the oven and bake for 12-14 minutes or until edges are slightly brown. Let cookies rest for 5 minutes on the cookie sheet before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
- Cookies will keep up to 1 week stored in an airtight container or up to 2 months in the freezer.