These Chewy Sugar Cookies are perfectly soft bakery worthy cookies that are rolled in sugar and baked. A chewy center and slightly crispy edges make these cookies a surefire hit!
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup decorators sugar optional
- Line a sheet tray with parchment paper, set aside. In a medium-sized bowl, stir together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt, set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar until smooth with an electric hand mixer.
- Add the egg and mix it in until combined.
- Add the milk and vanilla, stir it in until combined, scrape down the sides as needed.
- Using a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out the cookie dough onto the parchment-lined sheet tray. They can be close but not touching. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for at least 2 hours, but best if you can chill overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line sheet trays with parchment paper. Pour the decorator’s sugar into a small bowl.
- Roll the cookie dough balls between your hands to form a smooth ball. Dip the tops of the dough balls into the decorator’s sugar.
- Place them, sugar side up, onto the parchment-lined sheet trays about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 8-11 minutes until lightly golden brown around the edges. Let the cookies cool on the tray for 10 minutes, transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Calories: 110kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 3g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 1g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 16mg | Sodium: 30mg | Potassium: 19mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 9g | Vitamin A: 150IU | Calcium: 7mg | Iron: 1mg