WHAT ARE TURTLE COOKIE BARS?
I really have no idea where the term “turtle” even comes from in the baking world, but I do know that it means chocolate, caramel and pecans. All together in some sort of yummy way. These little Turtle Candies are one of our favorite holiday treats and have been for years.
- 1 box chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup butter melted
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans divided
- 1 12 oz jar caramel ice cream topping
- Preheat oven to 350°. Spray 9X13 with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, butter and milk in large bowl and stir until well blended. Spread half of mixture in prepared pan.
- Bake 7-8 minutes. Sprinkle chocolate chips and half of pecans on the baked crust. Drizzle with caramel topping. Drop spoonfuls of remaining batter over caramel, sprinkle with remaining pecans. Bake 18-20 minutes. Cool completely in pan before slicing and serving.
Calories: 223kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 2g | Fat: 13g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 2g | Monounsaturated Fat: 5g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 11mg | Sodium: 234mg | Potassium: 137mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 142IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 46mg | Iron: 1mg